Friday 20 March 2009

In Memoriam...

Another cat died yesterday. This was unexpected and untimely. It must have been shocking for her carers. Holly was rescued and nurtured to become the much-loved companion of my good friends Berry and Brenda. I have reason to share their pain.

This is for them...



Sand and Water

All alone, I didn't like the feeling.
All alone, I sat and cried.
All alone, I had to find some meaning
In the center of the pain I felt inside.

All alone, I came into this world.
All alone, I will someday die.
Solid stone is just sand and water, baby,
Sand and water, and a million years gone by.

I will see you in the light of a thousand suns.
I will hear you in the sound of the waves.
I will know you when I come, as we all will come,
Through the doors beyond the grave.

All alone, I heal this heart of sorrow.
All alone, I raise this child.
Flesh and bone, he's just
Bursting towards tomorrow,
And his laughter fills my world and wears your smile.

All alone, I came into this world.
All alone, I will someday die.
Solid stone is just sand and water, baby,
Sand and water and a million years gone by.


This is for you, Berry and Brenda, with our love and sympathy.
Don't worry, Misty will be looking out for her!
xC&J.

2 comments:

London Apprentice and Special Bitter said...

Thank you so much Colin & Jane. This is very hard at the moment, and we appreciate that so very much..

The City Folk Club said...

Thanks, Berry.