Monday 9 November 2009

NHS to fund road-gritting ...

Did I hear this correctly?

I can’t quote verbatim, (being overcome by laughter,) but the news report I have just heard on the radio suggested that an NHS Trust in County Durham is to contribute £1,000,000 towards gritting of roads and footways this coming winter.



Now, I can understand the preventative motivation of this activity, but I fail to see that such expenditure is the remit of the NHS.

I am rather depressed about the state of our national economy. I wonder if that same trust would care to supplement my income before I become suicidal!

Now, where did I put my psychotropic medication?

1 comment:

winter gritting said...

unbelievable! it isnt the job of the NHS to fund grittin just think what they could do with £1 million. Winter gritting is the councils job noone else.