Thursday 24 June 2010

From the Ancient Nonsensical Musings of St. Anley ...

I was a stranger in a strange land …

And, lo, then did I come to a great metropolis inhabited by a gentle people who called themselves Cicestrians.




Roads within that city were surfaced with a hard substance, grey in colour, and smooth in most places.

Upon this surface did machines progress, which had wheels at each of the four corners.

Some exceedingly large machines bent in the middle and were possessed of many wheels.

All proceeded at excessive speed, exhaled noxious gases, and made such noises as to make the hearers block their ears.

Almost all, apart from the ones bearing a strange emblem, ‘Stagecoach’, had but one occupant.

And then I did behold a smaller machine that did have only three wheels. The name upon it was Robin.




I heard a great voice from on high: “Go, thou, and design a mobile device with two wheels. Thou shalt call it  errr ..



... bicycle!"

... "and for your next task- the UNICYCLE!"

4 comments:

Parkingspaceman said...

Please advise what drugs/substances you are under the influence of when composing such articles. I would like to experience similar semi-detachment of the mind, to see for just once what it's like. (I've tried folk-dancing, and my brother didn't fancy incest, but everything else should be tried, we're told).

The City Folk Club said...

Drugs and other substances are unnecessary contrivances.
I tried reality, but fantasy is far more enjoyable.
"Detachment of mind" - I thought you'd been there for a while!

Parkingspaceman said...

Ah! Abuse! How witty! Nevertheless, I don't write the sort of stuff you do, with illustrations. Perhaps 'unhinged' would be a more accurate description of your mental state. Or perhaps you've just had a wheel come off. I came across an abandoned one recently. Any use to you?

Parkingspaceman said...

No response from St Anley for 6 days. I think I win this one by default. (And I get to keep the wheel).