Saturday 13 September 2008

She Moved Through the Fair

Here's charming Sinead O'Connor with a captivating performance one of my favourite songs:



I forgive, and understand, Sinead's genger-pronoun substitution. After all, she has lovely teeth!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I was seriously offended recently by a performance of a parody of this deeply heart-felt work of Padraic Collum.

I have been known to wax lyrical regarding my opinion of parody. See comment for 29th. August at http://cityfolkclub.blogspot.com/

In summary:

  • Those who can ... do.
  • Those who can't ... do parody.
  • Lesser mortals write blogs!

St. Anley prays as follows:

Oh, Lux Eternam, if ever I unwittingly indulge in the satanic activity of PARODY, may I be cast forever into that land of deepest shade, unpierced by human thought ... where I might be forgot.

WHOOPS! ... Who turned out the lights?

Sorry, Reverend Wesley!

Thanks, for your intercession, Charles. I'm still alive!

  • Those who can't write blogs are invited to post stupid comments!

1 comment:

Le Sanglier said...

Holy St. Anley... I am full of humble gratitude. You have allowed a place for me in this world of blogs, in which I so fervently yearn to participate. In reverence and with awe, I humbly offer you this stupid comment.