Monday 23 May 2011

Iceland rules the world

I worked with an Icelandic lady once.
I liked her.


She didn't look like this, but one can dream.
Cissa was her name.
Cissa was a BIG girl.
Her command of English was elementary, although she was particularly good at fly-fishing.
"I preefer too speek viv zee tung," she said.
"Oh, GLORY!" said I.
Of course, she never tickled my trout, but she frightened the pants off me
... and that was a long time ago.

Now I can breathe again ...

Seriously, now ...

I am not impressed by Iceland.


  • First, it rises from the sea, without global permission, in mid-Atlantis.
  • A spontaneously generated people hunts Wales - I mean whales.
  • Indigenes invent a language that is unintelligible to everyone else. That's a bit like Welsh!
  • They steal our fish.
  • They eat whales!
  • We have a war. That's the 'Cod War'. Such description is hardly likely to be retained in the memories of those who take twentieth-century history more seriously.

  • Iceland invites foreign investment.
  • They misuse such investment and go bankrupt.
Here's your worthless change ...


  • They accept loans upon which Iceland arrogantly defaults - both capital and interest.
  • Then, in 2010, Iceland explodes, whereby air transport within the northern hemisphere is disrupted for several weeks.
  • Having failed to bring about the end of the world on 21st May 2011, as predicted by a North American evangelist, Iceland sets off another bonfire.
  • The Icelandic Geological Association denies all responsibility.


Now, about my planned air journey next Saturday?
  • And Cissa is no longer in my life.

(Weeps!)

      1 comment:

      Anonymous said...

      Nice trout !!!!Lx