Friday 9 August 2013

Dupuytren's #7


Post-op Day 9:

Blood!

Phone hospital ...
"There is blood seeping through my dressing."
Nurse enquires, "Have you contacted your GP?"
"You are in his care until we see you next Tuesday."
"No," replies St. Anley.
"Shall I go to A & E?"
"Ooh, no!" she says, "Don't you know that there's a national crisis in hospital emergency departments!"

Phone GP surgery ...
Tracey answers.
I explain the situation.
"Well, Dr *** is away on study leave. You can see another doctor if you like."
"I like ..." I say.
"Fine," says Tracey, " Come along next Friday at 2.40pm."
"That's too long," I protest. "I'm due back in out-patients on Tuesday. Can't I see the practice nurse?"
"No," says Tracey, "... not until you've seen the doctor."

St. Anley explores bathroom cabinet in hopes of finding a new, clean bandage.

Found it!

Now, in Mrs St. A's absence, this could be tricky!




No comments: